Continuing the Conversation

Red/Blue Workshop in Houston, Sep 24, 2022

Home Forums Discussion Forums The Braver Angels Experience Red/Blue Workshop in Houston, Sep 24, 2022

• The Houston Area Alliance is holding an in-person Red/Blue workshop on Saturday, September 24. We are a new Alliance, and this is our first event. We are excited that the response has been good, and we have nearly 30 people registered as either participant (8. red, 8 blue) or observers.

If you attended the workshop, please reply below and tell us about your experience. We will also post a report on the workshop outcome.

• Our workshop yesterday went well. Everybody seemed to find it worthwhile and rewarding. A lot of insights gained, connections made. When asked about takeaways, one person said “Hope”. Another said “New Friends”.

If you participated, thanks for making it a great event. Please give us more of your thoughts by replying below.

• Welcome @bettiea @heidir @jeni @johnb332 @leuchtag @robinstilwell @shirleyh @stevesaltwick @leigha

Thanks for making this a great workshop, and for joining Continuing the Conversation.

I hope you will use this application to connect with other workshop participants and Braver Angels across the country. I encourage you to dive into the forums and reply or start new discussions.

If I can answer any questions, please let me know.

• Yes this was my second red/blue workshop in Houston and I’m hoping there will be more activity in our area now.

• We have a desire to put on a workshop in November. We are proposing the one below, seemingly a good match to the holiday season.

What is a Families and Politics Workshop?

Family relationships are becoming casualties of our toxic polarized environment. Family members are having nasty political arguments, avoiding each other, or even cutting off lifetime relationships.

If you want to preserve important family bonds while still being true to your values and political beliefs, this workshop is for you!

Although the focus is on family relationships, you can use strategies in this workshop with any loved one. You’ll laugh and have some fun in this workshop—it won’t be all serious. After all, we all come from quirky families

• Welcome @kenf to Continuing the Conversation!

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.