Continuing the Conversation

New Members to Continuing the Conversation

Home Forums Introductions New Members to Continuing the Conversation

• Please introduce yourself by “replying” below. Give us your name, location (city, state), how you learned about Continuing the Conversation, and something about yourself. You can tell us about your interests, political orientation, career, or anything to help us get to know you.

• Hi, I’m Leigh Anderson. I’m a co-developer of Continuing the Conversation. I live in Houston TX, near Rice University. I’m retired from the oil industry, with a math and technical computing background. My current interests are political philosophy and social media.

I lean red, with a classical “Edmund Burke” conservative orientation. I’ll be posting quite a bit in CtC, starting and leading discussions.

You are welcome to contact me if I can be of any help.

• Hi, I’m Andrew Stillman, CTO to Braver Angels and interested in learning how this pilot of a discussion platform is shaping up. I was brought up by die-hard Blues and have considered myself a progressive for most of my life, but I have come to diverge from the tribe when it comes to classical liberal concepts like individualism and personal agency. I have a lot of respect for conservative ideas when it comes to its recognition of the need to account for “the crooked wood of humanity” in thinking through systems and change, as I believe our founders understood much about the need to protect ourselves from the excesses of human beings operating in tribal groups.

• Hi, I’m Vee Cangiano, from the Braver Angels Connecticut Alliance Steering Committee (Organizer, Moderator, Tech Lead). I’ve typically supported “blue-leaning” candidates (and some “green-leaning” one, though I don’t belong to any political party. I discovered Braver Angels in 2021 and am pleased to be part of this important movement to depolarize America.

• Welcome @veec ! This app is still in “pilot phase”. We’ll be promoting it and gaining some new members in the future.

Feel free to dive in and post in the forums. Please let us know if you have any questions.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.